Dimitrov knocks out Kyrgios out of AO 2018

Dimitrov knocks out Kyrgios out of AO 2018

Speed Post News Network Patna : World Number 3 tennis player Grigor Dimitrov, 26, Bulgaria, defeated Number 17 seed Nick Kyrgios, 22, Australia, in a pulsating 4th round match at Melbourne to More »

Varsities should prepare students for entrepreneurship: President

Varsities should prepare students for entrepreneurship: President

Speed Post News Network New Delhi : The President of India Ram Nath Kovind on January 21, 2018,  graced and addressed the 66th convocation of Gujarat University at Ahmedabad. Speaking on the More »

Modi, Manmohan, Ansari attend Naidu’s ‘Sankranti Milan’

Modi, Manmohan, Ansari attend Naidu’s ‘Sankranti Milan’

Speed Post News Network New Delhi : Prime Minister Narendra Modi, former Vice President M Hamid Ansari, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and several Central Ministers and dignitaries graced the ‘Sankranti Milan’ More »

Rawat appointed as Chief Election Commissioner

Rawat appointed as Chief Election Commissioner

Speed Post News Network New Delhi : The President on January 21, 2018, appointed the senior-most Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat,64,  as the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) in the Election Commission. Om More »

Human chain formation damp squib in Bhojpur

Human chain formation damp squib in Bhojpur

Kumar Rajiv Nayan Ara : The much hyped Human Chain formation against social evils dowry and child marriage proved a damp squib in Bhojpur district on January 21, 2018. Despite all the More »

Eng beat Australia by 16 runs 3rd ODI, Buttler scores century

Eng beat Australia by 16 runs 3rd ODI, Buttler scores century

Speed Post News Network Patna : England beat Australia by 16 runs in the third ODI at Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney, Australia, on January 21, 2018, to take an unassailable 3-0 More »

 

Water Resources Ministry signs MoU with Bihar, Jharkhand

Speed Post News Network

New Delhi : A Memorandum of Understanding ( MoU) was signed between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India, State of Bihar and State of Jharkhand on January 12, 2018, for completion of balance works of North Koel Rservoir Project at an estimated cost of Rs 1,622.27 crore.

A supplementary Memorandum of Agreement has also been signed between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India, National Water Development Agency (NWDA), NABARD,  with State Governments of Bihar and Jharkhand for funding of the state share under Long Term Irrigation Fund (LTIF) for North Koel Reservoir Project.

The MoU was signed on January 12 during a meeting chaired by Upendra Prasad Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.  Sanjay Kundu, Director General NWDA, and H R Dave, Deputy Managing Director, NABARD, were also present.

The construction of North Koel project was started in 1972 but was later halted in 1993. The project situated on North Koel river, a tributary of Sone river, will provide irrigation to 1,11,521 hectare of land annually in the most backward and drought prone areas of Palamu and Garhwa districts in Jharkhand and Aurangabad  and Gaya districts in Bihar.

Out of the estimated cost of balance works of Rs 1,622.27 crore, the common component amounting to Rs 1,013.11 crore shall be borne by the Government of India as a grant from LTIF under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY). Out of remaining cost of works amounting to Rs 609.16 crore pertaining to Bihar and Jharkhand portion, 60% of the cost amounting to Rs 365.5 crore shall be financed by Central Government from LTIF making the total Central share as Rs 1,378.61 crore. Remaining 40% of cost amounting to Rs 243.66 crores will be borne by the States through the loan financed by NABARD, according to a PIB release. The project is scheduled to be completed in 30 months from the start of the project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *